Wednesday, February 19, 2020

1.3 - Good Things in Small Packages


It takes me all of twenty minutes before I cave and age up both of the babies.

Aspen just would not. stop. crying. no matter whatever I did - she was fed and changed and cuddled and I have no idea why she wouldn't stop screaming! Eventually I put her bassinet into the tiny bathroom just so Emily could get some sleep.


Oh, she's so cute!!


Obviously this is pre-makeover, but I thought it was cute so wanted to grab a screenshot before they got reset by CAS. Pumpkin is also adorable.

Aspen picked up Fussy, which was perfect considering she wouldn't stop screaming as a baby, and Reid picked picked up Inquisitive.


I moved around the furniture in the house to fit TWO toddler beds, because I really was only expecting the one.



Aspen's first toddler action is to impersonate poor Pumpkin, who is very confused and a little disturbed by the barking toddler. Reid is apparently equally unimpressed by his twin sister.



She also tries to pet Whisper, mostly by thumping him on the head, and he then proceeds to try and escape her by jumping onto the top of the fridge.



Aaand Paolo's here yet again! It was at this point I decided that Paolo might as well move in. Emily keeps rolling wishes for him, which I'm super reluctant to fulfil.



But hey, with Paolo now living with Emily, I figured he can be useful and take the damn dog for a walk. The only problem with Pumpkin being an active pup is that she's constantly sad and needing walks now that Emily has to spend all of her time looking after the twins.





Life pretty much just revolves around the twins at this point; there's not much happening that I can take photos of, other than the pets being adorable.



Case in point, really.

I've never much played with the pets in this game - I've only used dogs in apartments (where they're pretty broken) and I've never had cats at all, which is a sin really.




Reid is very cute - he's quiet compared to Aspen who is constantly running around and imitating the animals, but honestly he's equally adorable!



Aspen is a small nightmare, though, but we still love her.


Oh dear Christ in heaven.

So it turns out that the idle thought about living in a tiny house is not adapted for toddlers, because this happens when one of the tots thinks it.



Emily's garden and bees are coming along nicely, she's around level five in her career now and about 25% of the way to having maxed out the friendship with her three beehives!




Paolo's out here having a good time with Pumpkin; he doesn't really do much as I mostly just leave him alone on free will to do whatever he wants to.



Honestly, I leave everyone on mostly free will, which means it's been an uneventful 7 days (wow, really?) and it's time for the toddlers to age up into kids!

Wow, I really didn't take many pictures, did I?


After discovering that the top of the fridge is safe from children, Whisper has been spending a lot of time up there.

Emily seems fine with that.


So, I re-landscaped the outside, making sure there was enough room for a bunch of kid toys, and I divided up all of the garden plots properly by season, as my first attempt was kind of crap.

Oh, and I made sure each plot was covered by a bee house, because they help pollinate the flowers!


I think Pumpkin likes having two kids in the house; it means she gets more pets than she did when it was just Emily.




Plus, with the tots now children, it means that Emily can start taking Pumpkin out for walks again, and teach her hunting!



And now for the sprogs themselves! The two of them are certainly adorable, with Aspen picking up Loves Outdoors (perfect for her considering how much she'd run loose as a toddler), and Reid got Genius, which is super fitting for an inquisitive toddler.

Somehow, despite me leaving them completely on free will all of the time, they both managed to pick up the happy toddler reward trait.

Naturally, I gave Aspen rambunctious scamp, and Reid whizz kid.


Also, Paolo and Emily finally make it official, after she's had the wish locked in for almost seven sim days at this point.




They're very, very cute.


It's also time for Pumpkin's birthday! I didn't realise how old she was getting, which is sad because it means we'll lose her soon, but it also means less walks ;)


Whisper is still alive and kicking, though!





These kids spend most of their time now playing in the snow, which is all kinds of adorable.





Can you tell I love Pumpkin?

Like, a lot.


Aspen also loves being out in the snow, a lot.


And Paolo's still here? He doesn't really contribute much; he works but he doesn't make nearly as much as Emily does, plus I can't control him so he doesn't get promoted. 
At least he makes Emily happy!


I redid the house again; we're down to tiny home instead of micro home, but that's okay! We still get the boosted skill gain, the relationship gain doesn't matter to me, so really the only thing we'll miss out on is the increased rate of plant growth, but that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment